Expeditionary Learning Design Principles
1. The Primacy of Self-Discovery - “I am here to discover what I can do.”
3.The Responsibility for Learning- “I am responsible for my learning, and I help others learn.”
4. Empathy and Caring - “I care for others; others care for me.”
5. Success and Failure - “Success is sweet, but mistakes are good food.”
6. Collaboration and Competition - “We work together as friends; I compete with myself.”
7. Diversity and Inclusion - “Our differences make us stronger.”
8. The Natural World - “Nature is our teacher.”
9. Service and Compassion - “We do excellent things for others.”
10. Solitude and Reflection - “I need time to be with myself.”
Habits of a Manara Explorer (HOMES)
Gratitude: I can say thank you when someone does or says something nice.
Responsibility: I can do what I'm supposed to do and accept consequences for my actions.
Perseverance: I can keep going even when I'm tired and something is hard.
Compassion: I can show kindness towards others.
Collaboration: I can share materials and resources respectfully.