The Sky's the limit for these students
Marhaba and welcome to my Arabic adventurous page!
Refer to this page for updates about weekly newsletters as well as resources to improve your child's Arabic skills!!
KG to 6th GRADE EVALUATION ASSESSMENT:
Weeks of August 22 & 29 - 2016
Current Lesson: BEGINNING OF THE YEAR Oral & Written EVALUATION ASSESSMENT
( Students will be evaluated on: All about me, My Family, My School, My House , Professions,Places, Animals, Seasons, Days of the week, Foods, Fruits, Vegetables, Body Parts , Five Senses , Feelings, Shapes, Personal information, Time, Transportation, & Daily Routine)
My evaluation is A+
Body parts& five senses
أجزاء الجسم و الحواس الخمس
- I can recognize new vocabulary related to the body parts& the five senses theme in Arabic
-- I can read short text and answer questions related to it .
- I can create sentences that related to the vocabulary.
-- I can recognize and write some Arabic letters and read words related to them._________________________________________________
The Animals theme
حَيَواناتُ المَزُرَعَةِ وَ حَيَواناتُ الغابَةِ
My Learning Target
I can recognize new vocabulary related to the farm animals and wild animals theme in Arabic · I can read short text and answer questions related to it
.. - I can describe some of the animals( size,color, texture, movement, and sound) in Arabic. .
I can create sentences that related to the vocabulary.
I can recognize and write some Arabic letters and read words related to them.
THIRD GRADE EXPEDITION
Current Lesson: Student will learn about solar system.
My learning Target:
. I can recognize new vocabulary related to the solar system in Arabic.. I can read and understand facts about the stars and planets in Arabic.
Sports and Hobbies Theme
Current Lesson: Students will learn about Sports
My Learning Target:
- I can identify the name of sports in Arabic.
- I can express likes and dislikes.
- I can understand when someone tells about like and dislikes.
- I can understand some differences between sports in America and sports in the Middle East..
Family and Home Theme
البيت و الأسرة
Current Lesson: Students will learn about Family and House
My Learning Target:
· I can recognize new vocabulary related to the Family and home theme in Arabic.
· I can read short text and create a drawing related to it.
I can use some sentences that related to the them.
. I can recognize personal pronouns in the target language
· I can recognize action verbs in the learning target.
. I can say the days of the week.
. I can recognize numbers 0-20.
· I can count by tens.
· I can recognize and write today’s date in Arabic
· I can identify and name selected shapes, and colors.
I can spell my name
I can recognize and
write some Arabic letters.
· I can use appropriate expressions of courtesy expression (greeting using Arabic words).
Arabic Listening Comprehension & Reading Competitions Award Ceremony
Please join us on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 to celebrate your child's success and achievements in Arabic during our World Languages Awards Ceremony. The school-wide awards, certificates of achievements, medals, and trophies of the students who placed on Manara Academy Arabic Listening Comprehension & Reading Competitions will be given to the students. All other students will receive their participation awards for their hard work in their portfolios during their class awards ceremony in June.
Arabic Awards Ceremony
Where: Manara Academy Middle School Gymnasium (for All students)
When: Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Time: 8:30 - 9:45 am KG& 1st & 2nd grade
Time: 10:15 - 11:30 am 3rd & 4th & 5th grade
We are proud of all of our students at Manara Academy and look forward to another wonderful school year.
Manara Academy Arabic Contest Ranks
Mrs. Sohier Mohsen
Kindergarten (Level I)
First Grade (Level I)
Second Grade (Level I)
Third Grade (Level I)
Fourth Grade (Level I)
Fifth Grade (Level I)
Arabic Reading Competition
Find the reading package at the end of this page
When: Wednesday April 20, 2016
Where: Arabic Classroom
· The students will be judged based on their fluency, pronunciation, and being able to read using harakaat (vowels).
· The practice reading packet has been sent home. Please help your child practice daily. Students can go to quizlet.com/sohiermohsen to practice.
· All participants will receive 100% as a participation grade.
· Students will be awarded certificates, trophies, and medals.
Parents are welcome to attend!
Thank you for all of your support
Arabic Listening Comprehension Contest (Level I)
Find the listening comprehension package at the end of this page
It is time to get ready for Manara Academy Arabic Listening Comprehension Contest 2015-2016 (Level I). The Contest will be held the week of April 18, 2016 during the Arabic class time. The students have begun practicing for the competition during class time. The vocabulary list is also on the Arabic website of Manara Academy. The competition for grades KG-5th will concentrate on listening comprehension. All participants will receive 100% as a participation grade.
Please encourage your child to practice his/her vocabulary at home in order to be prepared for the competition.
How to practice?
· ----- Make vocabulary flash cards
· ------- Translate your flash cards from Arabic to English
· ------------ Practice your flash cards daily